cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sticky Message removal

Hi. I had GD build me a Managed Wordpress site (happyonwheels.com), and at first, as you can see on the published site, I had a Subscribe note in the Sticky Message. After I found out that that Sticky Message didn't show up on Android/iPhone, I wanted to remove the Sticky Message and put the subscribe link in the navbar. I did that on the staging site and it looks great; however there is a transparent place on all the pages where the Sticky Message was. How can I remove the blank/transparent space so the navbar sticks right to the top of the screen when you scroll? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Sticky Message removal

@HappyonWheels

Cute site! 😉   If the sticky message is not a widget that can be removed then that will require actual CSS and/or PHP code/file changes to remove that space entirely. ($)

By adding it to the nav bar you've solved the mobile issue.  Why not leave it as is?  A little redundancy is not always a bad thing.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks for looking, @Muse. I was thinking of leaving it with both subscription buttons showing, but was wondering about the redundancy for laptop/desktop users.

I did think it was a widget and by deleting all the content (which I did on the staging site) it would be gone, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

@HappyonWheels

Hmmm... that is odd.  Usually empty widgets will not display or act as placeholders. 

Make sure you don't have any trailing/invisible spaces -- that could be enough to maybe hold it open. 

Otherwise, I would contact GoDaddy and ask what's up with that! 😉

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

@Muse

Thanks again. I am looking for things like that. I'm not a newbie to web design, but definitely am to Wordpress! So your help is appreciated.