cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

The word "Cart" flashes for a few seconds on the load of my homepage then disappears

Hello and thanks for any help I really appreciate.

The word "Cart" flashes for a few seconds on the load of my homepage then disappears. 

The Theme is: Primer / Version: 1.8.7
I have the woocommerce plugin / Version: 3.8.1

I have the below CSS enabled on my site:

.site-header .custom-logo {max-height: 140px; width: auto;}

.site-header-wrapper {min-height: 500px; width: auto}

.main-navigation .primer-wc-cart-menu {display: none!important;}

Thanks again and let me know if any additional information will help.

Steve

g875.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The left two columns are available widgets, in the right two columns are spots the theme allots for widgets.  These vary based on theme used, in this instance it's probably in the one labeled Hero.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Super User IV

@sonofjacob 

I would check your widgets area you probably have a woocommerce cart widget and it is hidden because you have no products in the cart

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks so much for the response PL281. Yes I have the woocommerce widget but I don't think that's the problem. I do have the following CSS in place:

and that CSS just hides an empty cart from the main menu so it doesn't always display "$0.00 0 Items" on the main menu. If someone does order from the store then the cart shows the item as it should and all appears to be working as it should as far as ordering etc. My problem is that the word "Cart" displays on the load of the homepage for a second then disappears. And every reload of the homepage causes the word "Cart" do display for a second and then disappear.

This happens with our without the hide CSS

Thanks again I so appreciate your help

@sonofjacob

I understand what you’re saying about the CSS. When I viewed the source of the page I found the code that’s flashing with the word cart is in a H2 tag and it’s surrounded by widget code. There is a display none in the HTML line of that widget and I’m not quite sure how that is being sad because usually you see it in the CSS and not an in-line HTML
I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Capture.PNG

This Hero Widget is separate from the listing in the navigation.  I would just make the title for the widget blank, as it doesn't need to say Cart here either way.

Hello Nate,
Thanks so much for looking at my issue. I tried to find a place within the woocommerce widget that I can change the name but I don't see where I can. I don't see the word "Cart" anywhere within the widget settings either.

I have included some screenshots of what I see within the widget settings.widget_name.png

widget_name_settings.png

While logged into admin go to yourdomain.com/wp-admin/widgets.php

This should have the settings for how widgets are displayed on pages.

Hello Nate,

Thank you, I followed your directions but I don't see where I can change the name of the widget. I took a screenshot and the "Cart" widget is listed but you cant change the name of it.

screenshot_cart_widget.png

The left two columns are available widgets, in the right two columns are spots the theme allots for widgets.  These vary based on theme used, in this instance it's probably in the one labeled Hero.

View solution in original post

Nate! You are very wise...

That worked perfectly! I wonder if I even need that widget at all? 

Thank you for your time and I thank PL281

You are both awesome!

Steve

widget_name_remove.png

When an item is in the cart it shows a preview of the cart there like in my screenshot above.  You can click the "Delete" link from your recent screenshot if you don't want it there, this doesn't affect your store or navigation.

If you want to add a different widget you can click and drag one from the left side and drop it into the desired spot on the right side.  Or leave it empty if you don't want a widget there.

Awesome! Thanks again Nate!