cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save changes made to WordPress website pages

Everything was working fine yesterday, but after going in earlier and trying to edit a few of the button links, I get the following message when I try to save the page: 

An error has occurred while saving your page. Various problems can cause a save to fail, such as a lack of server resources, firewall blockages, plugin conflicts or server misconfiguration. You can try saving again by clicking Try Again, or you can download a backup of your unsaved page by clicking Download Backup. Backups can be restored using the portability system while next editing your page.

Contacting your host and asking them to increase the following PHP variables may help: memory_limit, max_execution_time, upload_max_filesize, post_max_size, max_input_time, max_input_vars. In addition, auditing your firewall error log (such as ModSecurity) may reveal false positives that are preventing saves from completing.

Lastly, it is recommended that you temporarily disable all WordPress plugins and browser extensions and try to save again to determine if something is causing a conflict.

No new plugins or anything have been added to the site, and I have not done anything to it since last night, and again, it was working fine even after the last edits made last night and I had no issues with it. 

1 REPLY 1
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Unable to save changes made to WordPress website pages

@BathBevy what plan are you on? can you check your resource usage at the time it happens?

What are you using to edit your site? What theme do you use? Are you using a drag and drop plugin to make changes to your site?

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄