cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is "object-cache.php"?

Hi there, 

I'm using Woo Commerce w/ Print Aura on my Wordpress. 

I'm having a hard time adding new products and contacted Print Aura. They told me I need to rename the "object-cache.php", but I can't find it. I've searched my files. Checked the in the wp-contents folder and the wp-contents/plugins folder and am not having any luck. 

I've read on here of other people having to to rename it to disable but I just can't find it. Thanks for any help. I appreciate it. 

Message from Print Aura:
"If using Godaddy as your host the object cache is not functioning properly with woocommerce. you'll want to locate object-cache.php in your installation then inactivate it by renaming it to something else (like object-cache-disabled.php) If you don't know how to do this contact your host and have them do it for you. We haven't yet been provided with a timeline for the bugfix on that problem from them.

Once you do either of these things, you'll want to make sure you're signed into your site, then sign into printaura, delete the shop link for woocommerce, then recreate it. Once you do check settings -> api tab -> web hooks link to make sure the pair (at least) of parts that tell us to service your orders are intact."

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @Gamma303. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It sounds like Print Aura may have outdated information. This post discusses disabling object-cache.php. However, this was only for Managed WordPress servers, which no longer use that method anyway. Other accounts do not use this unless it is put there by your WordPress install. Either way, the file should be located in /wp-content if you have it. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.