cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Wordpress Admin slow and unresponsive

Hi,

I have a Wordpress site up and running (GoDaddy Hosted Wordpress) and everything on the site appears to be working fine.

My problem is that accessing the WP admin functions from my PC is incredibly slow,  I'm often timing out and it's often unusable.

Conversely when I try and do this on a Mac (using the same network etc) it's fast and responsive

I've seen other people posting on the web with similar problems, but not seen any resolutions. 

Can anybody offer any advice on what the problem might be please.

Thanks in anticipation

Phil

10 REPLIES 10
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Wordpress Admin slow and unresponsive

Hello @PhillyH!

Welcome to the community! From the information you've provided, the issue sounds like it's on your PC. I'd suggest first, that you disable any browser addons to see if that helps. If it doesn't, reply here with some additional information about your situation so the community can help out. Browser type and version, operating system, etc. Thanks!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Solution

Hi Heather.

Thanks for the advice, I switched from Chrome to Explorer and things seem to have speeded up so I guess my problem is somewhere in Chrome. I'll have an explore and feedback what was causing my problem

Thanks

Phil

Employee
Employee

@PhillyH

Right on, Phil! I'm happy to hear you're making headway. Thanks for the update!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

My WP hosted account page editor is very very slow

The WP hosted account page editor is very slow when i edit and save any changes , it's very slow and take too much time to save any edits , and i did flush cache but still very slow

painfully slow

I am not happy at all with the wordpress hosting service. I do not have much content or visitors, but the admin panel is painfully slow, the website itself is also very slow.

And no it has nothing to do with updating my plugins. The site is pretty barebones. The performance is unacceptable and has been this way for some time. Not happy at all. Looking to take my business else where.

New

Re: painfully slow

Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of your speed issues? I have the same problem with the wordpress hosting "service". It regularly times out when I try to open the page editor, or try to use simple finctions like creating a text box on a page. Not happy with the GoDaddy service but as I've paid for it I figure I may as well try to use it. If I cant resolve it soon I'll take my business elsewhere too.

No man. I doubt that there is a fix for this. I feel as though Godaddy is a zoo. They throw sites here and there and whatever vms they have without concern for performance. So when you pay for 10000 visitors\a month, its just bs. 

Sometimes the site wont even load at all.

I have been playing around with Azure, and for the same price or less, you get lightning speed. No lag whatsoever. Exactly what you would expect from a modern system plus you can scale up and or down very easily, depending on demand. AND you can host copies of your site across with world to give low latency\load balancing for your visitors. 

Way better platform. Because you actually get what you pay for....

New

FIXED
The solution I have found:
On the computer/s that you access the WordPress admin or page editing etc, add the IP Address's for the DNS that has your Domain Name Listed.

Then move these DNS ip's to the top of the DNS list.
Changed from a very slow sluggish system, with continuing network connection errors to a very workable solution.

I am have the same issue. I have spent hhours on the phone with godaddy and even more hours testing various pluggin combos. Having done a lot of Trace Routes, I believe this is on the godaddy side. The packet hops go fine until inside godaddy. Their answer is they cannot replicate it, therefore the problem doesn't exist. I produced a 10 minute video showing the problem across multiple sites. I am very close to moving all my clients to another hosting site. Something happened at WP 4.8 that broke WP Admin on Godaddy. 

I have tried Chrome, safari, mac, windoze, IE, different machines, different States (CA vs FL). I have reset router tables, rebooted networks, turned off browser extensions, turned off plugins, and it is unusable. This started about 2 months ago. I have one client that is NOT on Godaddy and their WP Admin works great. BTW, all but 2 of my clients use the same theme and almost the same plugins. 

Godaddy even said they found "Zombie processes" running on the server I am on for one client. Said they fixed that, but that only lasted a day. I seriously doubt there is such a thing as zombie processes. It is probably something like fixing a muffler bearing on a car.

Something got broken at WP 4.8.