cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

"AMA" With GoDaddy Pro Team On "Pro Program & Tools"

Please join the GoDaddy Pro team for a chat on Tuesday, August 1st from 9AM-10AM PT. You'll have the opportunity to meet some of our team and ask them questions about our GoDaddy Pro Program & Tools.

Here's how it'll work:

1. You can post a question for the team in this thread through the end of the day on Sunday, July 30th.

2. The team will address your questions for one hour.

3. After the AMA is finished, this post will be closed to additional questions.

4. If you can't join the AMA, no problem. You'll be able to read all of the questions and answers that were posted after the session is over.

5. Mark your calendars. Meet our great group of GoDaddy Pro team members and hear more about using the Pro program and tools.

Hope to see you there!!

Rachel

38 REPLIES 38

Go Daddy Pro Monitoring

9. Did I miss something? I can't find the "Go Daddy Pro Monitoring" option anywhere anymore. I'm still getting notifications from previous domain monitoring I've setup but I can't find the option to add any new sites? Is this now part of ManageWP? I have set up monitoring there as well but I did like using the "Go Daddy Pro Monitoring" as it would allow to setup by domain. ManageWP won't let me add a domain if it's part of  a WP  multisite. I recently had an issue where the domain mapping on my MS stopped working so the domain mapped out to one of my subssites went down. The raw site in MS was still up so the traditional MWP monitoring wouldn't have picked it up so I want to monitor just the domain which brings me back to "Go Daddy Pro Monitoring" which did allow for this. Anyone know where that option went? Thanks.

Helper I
Helper I

GoDaddy Pro Directory

10. I just became a GD Pro Plus Partner which means I am able to get listed on the GD Pro Directory. Have you generated any leads from GoDaddy Pro Directory?

Helper IV Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: "AMA" With GoDaddy Pro Team On "Pro Program & Tools"

1. How many GoDaddy Pros are there registered? How many are actively using the platform with at least 1 registered client?

Alex Sirota, PMP - NewPath Consulting - Schedule some time with Alex
"At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

2. What kind of experience does one need to become a GoDaddy Pro member?

Advocate VI Advocate VI
Advocate VI

3. What can you tell us about the "typical" Pro in this program? I realize there will be a wide variation, but do you have any information about their typical profile, such as the number of sites they manage, or their experience level? Dabblers/hobbyists, vs. "side gig" freelancers, vs. full-time web pros vs. agencies? The types of products they use with or on behalf of clients (hosting, domain reg, email, email marketing, etc.)? For the ones using ProSites, the average number of sites they have loaded up?

Helper I
Helper I

4. Will pro plus members ever get commission on carts that purchased and renewals? I feel like I am missing out by not doing reseller. Right now we get points for purchased products, but until I see leads coming from the pro connect directory (exclusive to pro plus members) then I don't see the value in points and would much rather get commission checks.

Looking forward to attending! Thinking, and question(s) incoming...

5. Are there plans for GoDaddy to offer certification levels for Pros?

6. With various DIY options available, what is GoDaddy planning as a protection for its channel? As a part of the Pro Developers community, I don't want to compete with my hosting company for projects. GoDaddy's ads targeting the end-user tell them they can put up their own website in a day—and while they may be able to do that, I would like to see information/education about the benefits of using a professional.

7. My question relates to past experiences, we have had customers using Go Daddy's hosting products and their WordPress product only to find it hacked by malware.

What assurances do we have that this isn't going to be the case going forward? This had created some very large liabilities for a small business like ours, and our customers who are running sites with high volumes of credit card payment processing.

Sorry I couldn't attend today's call. We have a lot of unexpected work come in that required my immediate attention.

8. Question #1 - I've provided a lot of detailed feedback on my current infrastructure re hosting requirements, types of clients and websites etc., in hope of contributing to the development of a product that will work with my business model. But I'm still trying to wrap my head around what your ideal 'Pro' is and what the business model looks like on your end. 

I've mentioned this before, but most of my clients do not see anything on the hosting side. They are the type that prefers everything handled for them. They don't know where the site is hosted and don't want or need to know. For this type of client, there is no opportunity to upsell or side sell anything from the hosting company itself - all billing and communication comes directly from me. 

But I can see another distinct stream of clients through the Pro program, as ultimately it's the same day to day work - updates, monitoring etc through the MWP dashboard I've been using for years. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how that will work. But if the leads come from GoDaddy, and GoDaddy wants to have a relationship with that client, that is perfectly OK with me.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Posting on behalf of @jsararas to separate his questions:

11. "What occurred to me while watching a Web Builder commercial last night, is that those are the non-technical but DIY-minded folks that usually end up coming to me. They dive into a WordPress site and quickly get mired in the rat's nest of DNS and database settings. But I am exclusive to WordPress sites. So, in that regard - Question #2 - could you imagine a transition process for a Web Builder customer to becoming a Pro Client on WordPress? Is that even a desirable customer flow for your business model? It would be great to have transparency around all of this as it helps to envision what a partnership will look like. "

Community Manager
Community Manager

Asked on behalf of GoDaddy Pro customers:

12. Can you tell us about Pro Sites. What is it and why should I as a Pro use it? How will it help my business?

Community Manager
Community Manager

13. How does Pro Rewards work? What do I need to do to get discounts on my products as a GoDaddy Pro?

Community Manager
Community Manager

14. Is there a place on the GoDaddy website to get more training for building websites for my customers? 

Community Manager
Community Manager

15. Are you planning on continuing with the Pro Connect program? I used to get a lot of leads from there and they've dried up recently. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

16. As a GoDaddy Pro, do I get a higher level of technical support? If I call in, I need to talk with someone who is super technical and can help me nip my issue. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

17. What is the difference between GoDaddy Pro and GoDaddy Pro Plus? What if I have a lot of clients but they are purchasing their own products? Do I get credit for their purchases too? 

Product Team
Product Team

@ryanjames wrote:

4. Will pro plus members ever get commission on carts that purchased and renewals? I feel like I am missing out by not doing reseller. Right now we get points for purchased products, but until I see leads coming from the pro connect directory (exclusive to pro plus members) then I don't see the value in points and would much rather get commission checks.

Thanks @ryanjames! Did you know Reward points can be redeemed for in-store credit that you can use for new purchases or renewals of products in your account? Also as you noticed, once you've earned enough points you'll be eligible to publish a Pro Connect directory listing.

We are however always looking for ways to update and improve the Pro program.

Thanks
Jake
Employee
Employee

smackhappy wr

2. What kind of experience does one need to become a GoDaddy Pro member?

@smackhappy

The GoDaddy Pro Program focuses on web designers and web developers.

To become a pro member, there is no specific experience required. Pro members can even move to a Pro Plus status as they purchase GoDaddy products and gain points.

Hope to see everyone there! Cheers.

--

Julio

Product Team
Product Team

@cshaffstall wrote:

6. With various DIY options available, what is GoDaddy planning as a protection for its channel? As a part of the Pro Developers community, I don't want to compete with my hosting company for projects. GoDaddy's ads targeting the end-user tell them they can put up their own website in a day—and while they may be able to do that, I would like to see information/education about the benefits of using a professional.

Thanks @cshaffstall - Great question - as you mention GoDaddy definitely offers tools that help small business with a variety of products and solutions. That said, we know a large portion (best estimates of about 60%) of the market needs a 'Do it for me' solution where the small business owner has someone build their site and connect all their technologies. The Pro program is just one of the things we've invested in heavily to partner with web designers and developers like yourself. We're trying to make it easier for you to work with our growing base of 17+ million customers.

Thanks

Thanks
Jake
Product Team
Product Team

@cshaffstall wrote:

5. Are there plans for GoDaddy to offer certification levels for Pros?

@cshaffstall Education and certification often come up in conversations with the Pro members. There's a definite need in these areas, since e.g. a lot of developers and designers struggle with setting up a healthy business and getting paid. We are working on ways to contribute to industry programs that help web professionals as well as roll out our own programs to meet the Pro member needs.

- Nemanja

Employee
Employee

@Design-A wrote:

7. My question relates to past experiences, we have had customers using Go Daddy's hosting products and their WordPress product only to find it hacked by malware.

What assurances do we have that this isn't going to be the case going forward? This had created some very large liabilities for a small business like ours, and our customers who are running sites with high volumes of credit card payment processing.

@Design-A

We have received amazing customer feedback which is helping us build the next generation product. It will be launching soon, too!

The new platform will include end-to-end security to meet today's security threats. More details and feature specifics will be available with the launch soon. I think you will like it.

Cheers.

--

Julio

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RachelM wrote:

14. Is there a place on the GoDaddy website to get more training for building websites for my customers? 

Hi,

Yes, GoDaddy is always working on making sure that our customers have relevant and useful video content, articles, as well as monthly seminars. The places to go to find material is GoDaddy Garage, sign up for our monthly seminars where we pair up with WP Elevation, and follow our community forum. As a Pro member you will get notifications via monthly newsletters and emails. We are planning on bringing all of our educational content together in the future so that you will have one place to go to.

Thank you,

Nevena

Product Team
Product Team

@RachelM wrote:

12. Can you tell us about Pro Sites. What is it and why should I as a Pro use it? How will it help my business?

As a web professional you probably spend a lot of time building, maintaining and updating multiple websites. So instead of doing it manually by visiting each website and performing a bunch of repetitive steps, how about you do half the stuff from one dashboard, with just a click, and automate the rest of the stuff. Pro Sites lets you do that, and more: it's got automated backups, cloning & migration, performance, security & uptime monitoring, client reports, and more.

So in a nutshell, Pro Sites saves you time (e.g. Scheduled Backup, Automated Security Check, etc.) and provides additional value for your clients (e.g. White Label, SEO Ranking, Client Report). There's really no reason why you shouldn't use Pro Sites.  Check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwvvsdJ6E2A 

- Nemanja

Product Team
Product Team

@jsararas wrote:
8. Question #1 - I've provided a lot of detailed feedback on my current infrastructure re hosting requirements, types of clients and websites etc., in hope of contributing to the development of a product that will work with my business model. But I'm still trying to wrap my head around what your ideal 'Pro' is and what the business model looks like on your end. 

I've mentioned this before, but most of my clients do not see anything on the hosting side. They are the type that prefers everything handled for them. They don't know where the site is hosted and don't want or need to know. For this type of client, there is no opportunity to upsell or side sell anything from the hosting company itself - all billing and communication comes directly from me. 

But I can see another distinct stream of clients through the Pro program, as ultimately it's the same day to day work - updates, monitoring etc through the MWP dashboard I've been using for years. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how that will work. But if the leads come from GoDaddy, and GoDaddy wants to have a relationship with that client, that is perfectly OK with me.

Thanks @jsararas! Glad to hear your feedback on what we've tried to do with the Pro program. The Pro program tools are meant to help you manage sites and client relationships by automating routine tasks. With upcoming product launches, we've partnered with many in this community to offer products focused on providing the features and functionality that you need to manage and grow your client base. One of the benefits that we are working to improve is getting more visibility to all of the great profiles in the Pro Connect directory to so that your seeing more projects and more importantly money in your pocket.

Thanks

Thanks
Jake
Product Team
Product Team

Re: Go Daddy Pro Monitoring

@twinsmagic wrote:

9. Did I miss something? I can't find the "Go Daddy Pro Monitoring" option anywhere anymore. I'm still getting notifications from previous domain monitoring I've setup but I can't find the option to add any new sites? Is this now part of ManageWP? I have set up monitoring there as well but I did like using the "Go Daddy Pro Monitoring" as it would allow to setup by domain. ManageWP won't let me add a domain if it's part of  a WP  multisite. I recently had an issue where the domain mapping on my MS stopped working so the domain mapped out to one of my subssites went down. The raw site in MS was still up so the traditional MWP monitoring wouldn't have picked it up so I want to monitor just the domain which brings me back to "Go Daddy Pro Monitoring" which did allow for this. Anyone know where that option went? Thanks.

Thanks @twinsmagic! - Great feedback! When we acquired ManageWP (now Pro Sites in the GoDaddy experience) we wanted to make the experience centered more around a Client management experience, a site management experience and a rewards experience that all work well together. When we did that we started the process of moving site monitoring into the site management experience but it sounds like we lost some functionality that you found useful. We will look at getting this experience improved.

Thanks

Thanks
Jake
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RachelM wrote:

17. What is the difference between GoDaddy Pro and GoDaddy Pro Plus? What if I have a lot of clients but they are purchasing their own products? Do I get credit for their purchases too? 

Hi,

The difference between the two is that Pro Plus members must have an annual spend of $500 or more on GoDaddy products. This spend can actually come from a combination of the Pro and their clients. So, both of them count.

As a Pro member you can easily add a client to your Pro Client dashboard. This associates the client with the Pros account to get credit for all their purchases. A pro will get credit wether they purchase for their client or if the client completes a purchase themselves.

Thanks,

Nevena

New

@Alex-NewPath wrote:

1. How many GoDaddy Pros are there registered? How many are actively using the platform with at least 1 registered client?

Thanks @Alex-NewPath -  GoDaddy Pro partners with over 200,000 web developers and designers who have signed up for our program globally to serve our small business customers, and that number is growing. Our Pro members range from those managing one site to more advanced Pro's managing multiple sites.

Thanks, 

Elisa

Product Team
Product Team

@webdiva wrote:

3. What can you tell us about the "typical" Pro in this program? I realize there will be a wide variation, but do you have any information about their typical profile, such as the number of sites they manage, or their experience level? Dabblers/hobbyists, vs. "side gig" freelancers, vs. full-time web pros vs. agencies? The types of products they use with or on behalf of clients (hosting, domain reg, email, email marketing, etc.)? For the ones using ProSites, the average number of sites they have loaded up?

@webdiva We currently have over 200k Pros in the program, spread out across the globe. It's hard to pinpoint a single Pro persona, because it goes from web designers building websites as a hobby, all the way to web professionals with maintenance contracts for 50+ websites. For privacy reasons I can't go into the specifics, but I can say that the purchased solutions vary quite a bit, and usually fit the scope of service that the person has: hosting, domains, email, SEO, email marketing, security services, and more.

- Nemanja

Product Team
Product Team

@RachelM wrote:

Posting on behalf of @jsararas to separate his questions:

11. "What occurred to me while watching a Web Builder commercial last night, is that those are the non-technical but DIY-minded folks that usually end up coming to me. They dive into a WordPress site and quickly get mired in the rat's nest of DNS and database settings. But I am exclusive to WordPress sites. So, in that regard - Question #2 - could you imagine a transition process for a Web Builder customer to becoming a Pro Client on WordPress? Is that even a desirable customer flow for your business model? It would be great to have transparency around all of this as it helps to envision what a partnership will look like. "

Thanks @jsararas! Yes, we definitely see that some small business owners start off trying to build a site themselves but later decide for a number of reasons that they'd prefer to have someone take it to the next level. The migration path between our website builder and a custom WordPress site might not be automated today but I know there have been some discussions around what we might be able to do to help in that process.

One thing is for sure, we definitely want to help you and your clients grow their online presence regardless of the tech that is supporting it.

Thanks

Thanks
Jake
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RachelM wrote:

15. Are you planning on continuing with the Pro Connect program? I used to get a lot of leads from there and they've dried up recently. 

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that! Yes indeed, we are continuing with Pro Connect. Actually, we are currently working on improving it and making sure that our small business customers are able to find web professionals faster and easier. Keep an eye out on Pro Connect as we continue to improve, and of course we would love your feedback or any ideas you have for improvement.

Thanks,

Nevena

Thanks @Jake. Maybe something to discuss further at the summit? Cheers.

estieg
Former Employee

@ryanjames asks: 
10. I just became a GD Pro Plus Partner which means I am able to get listed on the GD Pro Directory. Have you generated any leads from GoDaddy Pro Directory?

Thanks @ryanjames! -- Yes, many of our Pros have secured leads from Pro Connect. We're in the process of improving how Pro Plus level members receive leads and are actively looking for ways to help our small business customers that need a web professional find Pro Connect. Our plan is to drive improvements and referrals for our Pro Connect members.

Eric

If I answered your question, please mark it as the solution or give it a "Kudo"
estieg
Former Employee

@RachelM wrote:

16. As a GoDaddy Pro, do I get a higher level of technical support? If I call in, I need to talk with someone who is super technical and can help me nip my issue. 

Pro members have access to advanced support today based on our Pro Member feedback, we are enhancing this support and will have updates soon on a new level available for GoDaddy Pros.

Eric

If I answered your question, please mark it as the solution or give it a "Kudo"
Helper I
Helper I

Will the pro platform ever be white label like reseller? So if I send a cart to a client it looks like it's coming from me.

Product Team
Product Team

@ryanjames wrote:

Will the pro platform ever be white label like reseller? So if I send a cart to a client it looks like it's coming from me.

@ryanjames Thanks for the question - honestly it's great timing. We're talking about how and what the two programs do as an overlap in the coming week(s). Would be great if as we progress on this we could bring you into the conversation a bit? 

Thanks

Thanks
Jake
Product Team
Product Team

@RachelM wrote:

13. How does Pro Rewards work? What do I need to do to get discounts on my products as a GoDaddy Pro?

Sorry I missed this one this morning... 
Thanks for the question! Pro Rewards are available to all Pro members, regardless of their program tier. Join the free Pro Program and earn 5% back on your new purchases for in-store credit towards future purchases. If you buy $500USD annually to access Pro Plus status and earn 10% as well as gain access to Pro Connect.

You earn points for purchases of new products in your account or for new purcahses that you recommend to any of your clients through the Pro Clients app in our shared shopping experience. If you haven't tried that yet here's a video on it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D_FbgbI0Dc

Thanks

Thanks
Jake