• GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Email sending issues from VPS - Linux Managed

I have a Linux VPS where there are multiple websites hosted. I am not able to send emails to few domains (hosted elsewhere) from any of the websites hosted on my VPS. I contacted the destination mail provider assuming that the mail is blocked at their end. But as per their log, no mails are handed over to their server. My log says the mails are handed over to dedrelay.secureserver.net. I have no clue on what happens at dedrelay.secureserver.net. I contacted GoDaddy support team at least 5 times, every time I get response that the support is limited and can't help me in this regard. Have any one faced similar problem of sending mails to few domains? 

My DMARC and DKIM are set properly

Error Log : 

Spoiler
     This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 19.3 hour(s):

* user@domain.com

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "test email"] to user@domain.com. It has been in queue too long, and will not attempt delivery again.

Reporting-MTA: dns; p3plsmtpout003.prod.phx3.secureserver.net [208.109.80.53]
    Received-From-MTA: dns; mydomainname.secureserver.net [198.12.xxx.xxx]
    Arrival-Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 22:30:35 -0700

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Email sending issues from VPS - Linux Managed

@jestinvj 

For clarification are you trying to send from domain1.com (hosted on server) to domain1.com (External MX)

or are you trying to send from domain1.com (hosted on server) to domain2.com (completely separate domain / not hosted anything to do with your server)

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I am trying to send from domain1.com (hosted on my server) to domain2.com (completely separate domain / not hosted on my VPS, Nothing to do with my server).

Super User III
    Super User III

If you go to WHM -> Email -> View Sent Summary do you see successful for
    the account you are trying to send from?

You can click on the account and get the details....
    If you are it would suggest that the email is leaving the server just fine
    - and that somewhere in between it is getting blocked

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

In the summary log, it says 'Success'. The delivery host is 'dedrelay.secureserver.net' (Not the recipient host name) But after 19.00 hrs, the sender get a bounce back mail from secureserver.net that the mail is not delivered to the destination (Log is mentioned in the question). 

sent_log.png