• VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Switched from shared to vps

Hi,

I have just purchased a vps because I want to upgrade from my current plan (shared hosting ultimate).

I'm not sure what I have to do to have my domain use my server's IP. I changed the host name and nameserver in my vps zone editor and changed the A records in my DNS management to my server's IP. But when I try to change my dns nameserver, it says unavailable. Please assist. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

It seems like a situation where you just have to wait @Tae_df? If your VPS hosting is with GoDaddy and your domain is with GoDaddy you should be able to configure your domain settings with GoDaddy. Based off what you put forward in your question it seems like you changed all of the correct settings?

Occasionally your domain will be temporarily unavailable because of pending changes. Typically after the settings resolve you can go back in and adjust other settings. I wish I could give you a timeframe but it varies quite a bit. Come back and let us know what happened with this if you get a chance. I hope that helps a bit?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head