• VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Unable to host site on Deluxe 4 GB Gen3 VPS

I bought Deluxe 4 GB Gen3 VPS from Godaddy, uploaded site, changed name site of the domain at enom to ns1.secureserver.net and ns2.secureserver.net, the website is not browsing on the web. Tried other sites still the same.

Where can i find the step by step tutorial on how to setup VPS server on godaddy?

6 REPLIES 6
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Unable to host site on Deluxe 4 GB Gen3 VPS

@pcare 

What is the domain name you are working with and what is the IP address of your server?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

I am trying to host pcareserver.com and prefer to use godaddy vps name server for my other sites domains which are a;ready registered with enom.

Godaddy gave me this 10.193.83.3 (internal)  132.148.247.133 (primary)

Thanks

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@pcare 

So this took a little bit of research as personally I don't use the VPS as my DNS server - in part because if the DNS is ever down or has a heavy traffic load all your domain related items would be down as well.

So.... ns1.secureserver.net and ns2.secureserver.net are not really the name servers for your VPS, these are just the default that GoDaddy puts in to be able to setup the server - You control these via WHM -> Server Configuration -> Basic WebHost Manager Setup and scroll to the bottom.

There are a couple of steps you need to do.... based on what I'm reading... on ENOM under Domains -> Advanced Tools.... There is something about My Name Servers where you can now add ns1.pcareserver.com and ns2.pcareserver.com both point to 132.148.247.133

Then in WHM you need to change the default name servers to ns1.pcareserver.com and ns2.pcareserver.com

Once you've done that in the zone for pcareserver.com make sure you add an A record for ns1.pcareserver.com and ns2.pcareserver.com - at this point you "should" be up and running with the DNS on VPS

Alternatively, you could leave your DNS with enom (or I recommend setting it as an offsite DNS with GoDaddy) then  setup A records for ns1.pcareserver.com and ns2.pcareserver.com to point to 132.148.247.133.

Once you do that you would still set the default name servers in WHM to ns1.pcareserver.com and ns2.pcareserver.com, so for all other domains you / your client could manage the DNS on the server

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

New

Thanks a lot. i appreciate your assistance. I have done the setting on the whm but when i tried to change pcareserver.com nameserver on enom to ns1.pcareserver.com and ns2.pcareserver.com i got this error "Nameserver 'ns1.pcareserver.com' could not be registered" 

Does it have something to do with the propogation period?

Super User III
    Super User III

It looks like the host names haven’t propagated yet

I’m not sure how long that will take / how long enom’s ttl is. You may
    want to reach out to their support and check with them.

New
    Solution

I read an article on https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/getting-started-guide/configuring-domain-settings/configuring-custom-na... and knew for the first time i need to register my name server with the name registrar, I did that with enom and it works

Thank a lot for your assistance, I really appreciate.