• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How can I turn products to sold out?

For out of stock products, customer doesn't see the 'Sold out' or 'out of stock' information on thumbnail. Customer has to click on each product to see if the product is out of stock or available.
    Do we have any option to enable the 'Sold out' or 'Out of Stock' option in product thumbnail?
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @DarshanaLC,

Welcome to the Community!

Some customers have handled this issue with a replacement of the product picture. They use a generic block that indicates the product (without showing the product) to be sold out.

Others have a small banner picture/icon saying "SOLD OUT" that - in a photo-editing program either local to their computer or online - will be pasted onto the product picture and "saved-as" under another name (referencing the product). Then that new picture is used to replace the product picture in your store. A bit more labor-intensive, but would still show the product on the page. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
    Employee

Hello @DarshanaLC ,

Thank you for your question.  Currently there is no auto feature like this within the store; however, you should be able to manually update it or can even have it featured. 

Hi @DarshanaLC,

Welcome to the Community!

Some customers have handled this issue with a replacement of the product picture. They use a generic block that indicates the product (without showing the product) to be sold out.

Others have a small banner picture/icon saying "SOLD OUT" that - in a photo-editing program either local to their computer or online - will be pasted onto the product picture and "saved-as" under another name (referencing the product). Then that new picture is used to replace the product picture in your store. A bit more labor-intensive, but would still show the product on the page. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

is this feature getting worked on? Because it's a vital feature that is already suppose to be available where the system shows when items are out of stock and also provide a "notify me when available " button for customers to enter their emails.

Hello @Bb123 :

Welcome to the Community!  Allow me to send this one along to see what changes can be made. 

Product Team

Hello @DarshanaLC,

Thank you for reaching out. This is definitely a valid case and I'm currently talking to the team on how best to address this. 

Also, as suggested by @Bb123, we are looking into "notify me" functionality as well. 

Thank you for being a GoDaddy customer.

Thank you everyone for the productive discussion!

This is kind of 'must have' functionality for every e-commerce website. @Product Team: Thanks for checking on this. Hoping for positive resolution by adding simple yet important feature.

Regards,

Darshana

New

Yeah ,This is very inconvenient , I Currently have over 2100 items with about 1500 more to add , If i have to keep adding and subtracting inventory pictures to keep my customer informed of current inventory (without the hassle of actually clicking on every item to see stock) this will take me hours a day to keep up ,where a simple program thats available on other websites shows whats available and not. May have to find a more suitable website that includes these features with no hassle . Look forward to hearing about a FIX ASAP.