• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to sell digital content on Website Builder

I have created my website using Personal Website Builder. I want sell some digital content (some tech reports in pdf format) on my website. I have searched through the godaddy help and community but did not find any working solution.

Is that even possible using Personal Website Builder OR should I upgrade to Business version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User II

I believe only the top-tier "eCommerce" plan has the facility to sell digital downloads, this is not available in every country (possibly US only).

The workaround for Personal or Business plans would be to use another provider for the transactions, like PayPal for example, then add links on your site to the other provider for when it's time to facilitate the deal.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II

I believe only the top-tier "eCommerce" plan has the facility to sell digital downloads, this is not available in every country (possibly US only).

The workaround for Personal or Business plans would be to use another provider for the transactions, like PayPal for example, then add links on your site to the other provider for when it's time to facilitate the deal.

View solution in original post

Hi Nate, Thanks a lot for the answer. This clears the issue for me. I am thinking of using Shopify. If you don't mind and if you can, please let me know if there is any other better option. Thanks, Gaurav

@gauravk  I do not have any experience with Shopify, so if you try them out let me know how it goes.