• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Old Business Name showing on order confirmation emails

When someone places an order, the email confirmation shows my old business name with my current business email. I know that the body of the order confirmation email cannot be changed, but what do I need to do to make sure the order confirmation email says that it is coming from the current business reflected in my website and not my old business?
    6 REPLIES 6
    Super User IV

@Midwestsouth 

In the Websites + Marketings -> Settings -> Store -> General there is a legal business name - I would think this is what you are looking to update.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

That part has been changed. But even when I do a test order and use my other family members address...it shows that it is from my "Old Business Name"  with the email of my "New business name". 

@Midwestsouth 

Can you send a screen capture - If you are referring to the "from" address in your mail program, I suggest you check your address book as it maybe pulling it in from there vs the server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

1591021803766.jpg

Where it says "Threaded Intentions"...it should say Gen's Treasures. I have changed everything in the settings on Godaddy to reflect Gen's Treasures. This was sent to a family members email because I thought maybe it was my personal email's memory when I sent the test order to myself. But it is the same when I sent it to his email. 

Hi @Midwestsouth,

Welcome to the Community!

Just a thought... how is your business name listed at your payment accounts. Whether you're using Stripe, Paypal or Square, how is your business name listed with them? Just something to check to see if the completion of an order through one of these Payment processors is affecting the receipt.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

Hi,
    I only have PayPal and it only has my new business name on it.