• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

PayPal Commerce Platform 'Pending' Message

How do I remove the error message 'Pending: Paypal is verifying your email address"?

I've connected the PayPal Commerce Platform to my website, but can't get this message to go away (which means I cannot collect payments). I've alrady registered GoDaddy as a 3rd party platform in my PayPal account, but that still didn't work. 

PayPal is saying since this is an error message in GoDaddy, only they can help me resolve it.

Can anyone help with removing this 'Pending' status?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I finally got a hold of someone at PayPal. Here is their answer to the issue I was having...

It appears that Godaddy's storefront currently only allows for PayPal Commerce Platform for Partners or Express Checkout. The Partner feature is meant for businesses that facilitate payments between two customers. This is like an eBay or a Swappa. Because your business model is different from that, I believe that to be the reason you weren't approved.

With that Godaddy error message, it shows you have not been approved for Advanced Debit and Credit Card Payments (PPCP for Partners), which is the thing Godaddy is waiting to receive word from PayPal on. Godaddy should probably change their interface so it doesn't look like it's waiting for an email confirmation. It would also be in Godaddy's best interest to integrate an option for our new Smart Payment Buttons (which anyone can integrate) into their payment options, which our POC with Godaddy is working with them to do in time.

In light of this, you still should have a way to receive Credit Card payments through the PayPal using the Express Checkout option as that still should have both a PayPal and a Credit Card button (just without customization options like PPCP).

Let me know if you have further questions. Alternatively, if you were confident in adding the button code to your site on your own, you might try doing the Smart Payment Button which you could generate here and place the button on your checkout page with the total of the cart variable assigned to the total of the button.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
    Employee

Hello @NathanLS  and welcome to the Community!

I am sorry you are experiencing issues setting up your PayPay as a payment method. I would disconnect your PayPal then reconnect your PayPal account. If this does not fix the issue, I would double check the type of PayPal account that is being used.

To use the Paypal Express checkout feature, you need to have a Paypal Business account. Personal Paypal accounts only accepts payments from other Paypal users.

If you should have anymore questions, GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via phone or chat.

Hello and thanks. I have disconnected and reconnected my PayPal account a few times and that still has not worked.

I have also verified that I do have a PayPal business account setup.

I have also been speaking GoDaddy support via chat all of last week, and I was told there is nothing GoDaddy can do about the issue and that I should contact PayPal, because the error message is related to PayPal.

PayPal is saying my email is already verified and they have not received any error message from GoDaddy, so this is a problem that only GoDaddy can fix (since it's in GoDaddy's system).

Can you please help?

Same issue for me as well. Called PayPal and godaddy multiple times. Each day all is fine.
    But I still get the pending email verification from PayPal message.
    I emailed all my screenshots to the PayPal support. Hopefully I can get it fixed. Been with PayPal a long time, lots of money. I would hate to change to another platform.

Ok thank you, I hope you get sorted out too.

Many times i sign up to paypal create account afther create go missing than Singapore paypal will come afther signup go missing then malaysia paypal will appear afther signup go missing then indonesia paypal wil appear afther signup missing then i look for paypal us paypal will appear give me few error answer disappears now which country paypal will appear by creating godaddy web side i getting panic

That sounds like you'll have to speak with PayPal Merchant Technical Support team for that.

I finally got a hold of someone at PayPal. Here is their answer to the issue I was having...

It appears that Godaddy's storefront currently only allows for PayPal Commerce Platform for Partners or Express Checkout. The Partner feature is meant for businesses that facilitate payments between two customers. This is like an eBay or a Swappa. Because your business model is different from that, I believe that to be the reason you weren't approved.

With that Godaddy error message, it shows you have not been approved for Advanced Debit and Credit Card Payments (PPCP for Partners), which is the thing Godaddy is waiting to receive word from PayPal on. Godaddy should probably change their interface so it doesn't look like it's waiting for an email confirmation. It would also be in Godaddy's best interest to integrate an option for our new Smart Payment Buttons (which anyone can integrate) into their payment options, which our POC with Godaddy is working with them to do in time.

In light of this, you still should have a way to receive Credit Card payments through the PayPal using the Express Checkout option as that still should have both a PayPal and a Credit Card button (just without customization options like PPCP).

Let me know if you have further questions. Alternatively, if you were confident in adding the button code to your site on your own, you might try doing the Smart Payment Button which you could generate here and place the button on your checkout page with the total of the cart variable assigned to the total of the button.

View solution in original post