• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Helper I

SEO image alt text not working and not being indexed by Google

I first made this post about having issues with the SEO wizard: https://ca.godaddy.com/community/Websites-Marketing-Website/SEO-image-alt-text-issues/m-p/153720#M21...

It does not work correctly as a) it does not pick up even 50% of the images on my site and

b) rather than the put the text into the "alt text" portion of the image, it wrongly puts it into the image "text caption box." So the SEO wizard for image alt text is broken.

2nd, even after manually adding all of the "alt text" to the images on the web site, and after a week of Google indexing, not one of the images shows up in the search engine using the phrases I put in the image alt text boxes. Conversely, I uploaded the some of the images to another web site and those show up near the top of the Google image search, but nothing from GoDaddy... Is the SEO for images alt text broken? 

Any assistance appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mitch

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II

@Mitchco 

Based on the answer that @Muse, there's very little chance we'll have the tools to help you other than what we've already told you on the boards here. Your best bet at this point is to contact GoDaddy and see if they can help run some diagnostics to figure out the issue. 

It should also be noted that if you need more control over the SEO options of the website, the Website Builder may not be for you as it's designed to be as simple as possible. You may want to consider a move to a platform like WordPress.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hello @MrVapor and @Muse appreciate that, but GoDaddy is charging me for SEO feature with WebSiteBuilder. So what am I paying for if "basic" SEO features don't work? Out of 35 images on my site, all of which have alt text, only 1 appears properly in a Google alt image search properly. The rest don't show up at all. I would say the "feature" is decidedly broken.

I appreciate that folks feel that WordPress has better SEO capabilities, but I am looking for "basic" SEO capabilities that are supposed to be in WebSiteBuilder and more importantly, I am paying for it and it is not working.

I will contact GoDaddy, but it is disappointing to be charged for a feature that is clearly not working correctly.

@Mitchco 

I really do understand the frustration and I hope they're able to maybe give you some better insight into your issue and get it solved. Good luck!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community