• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Website Builder Recovery Fee?

I am new to go daddy and just started creating my website after buying the domain. I quickly learned that the website trial ended when I went to visit my site and saw that it was no longer active. I spent MANY hours building this site, and never received an email giving me a heads up that my trial was ending and that I would need to pay for future months in order to keep my site active. When I reached out to customer service, they said it would be $79 to "recover" my website and all the hard work I did. This is on top of paying for the actual website plan for the year. I am a small business and cannot afford such an outrageous fee to get back MY WORK that I already spent time completing. I also do not have spare time to rebuild what I did, so now I am at a loss. I am very disappointed with the customer service and the fees that go daddy is charging. unbelievable!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @12310,

Welcome to the Community.

Several emails go out to the customer to alert them to an expiring product. (Please check the spam folder of your email plan.) You may wish to list "@godaddy.com" as a preferred sender in your email plan to avoid missing these alerts in the future. Did you have auto-renewal removed before it expired. GoDaddy recommends that as well to avoid loss in your account.

A recovery fee is required to restore all expired hosting plans. The fee is small compared to your man-hours to rebuild the website. GoDaddy recognizes that funds may be tight during this pandemic and has offered discounts on a case-by-case basis. You're welcome to request a supervisor when you call support to see if that is available on a restore. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Rockstar II

@12310 Are you referring to the domain recovery fee that is paid when the domain runs past the redemption phase?

@justingodfrey The representative said in order to get the backup content of my site, I would have to purchase the same plan and also the content recovery fee.

Hi @12310,

Welcome to the Community.

Several emails go out to the customer to alert them to an expiring product. (Please check the spam folder of your email plan.) You may wish to list "@godaddy.com" as a preferred sender in your email plan to avoid missing these alerts in the future. Did you have auto-renewal removed before it expired. GoDaddy recommends that as well to avoid loss in your account.

A recovery fee is required to restore all expired hosting plans. The fee is small compared to your man-hours to rebuild the website. GoDaddy recognizes that funds may be tight during this pandemic and has offered discounts on a case-by-case basis. You're welcome to request a supervisor when you call support to see if that is available on a restore. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

I received ONE email and it was in my junk folder. If a discounted rate for the recovery fee is available, then why should I have to reach out to a supervisor to get this "discounted" rate? Someone needs to reach out to me to resolve this and give me this discounted rate, I should not have to run in circles over this and spend another minute on it.