• Welcome and Announcements
  • Welcome and Announcements

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Employee

Working on my side gig

Hello Everyone! My name is Ray and I have always wanted to be my own boss someday. I have always been a Technology Enthusiast. Computer Hardware and systems building has been my passion, but I have dabbled in things like setting up a VPS, website design, and even some object oriented programming. I am the farthest thing from an IT professional at this point, but i figure the resources here will be a huge help.

I'm currently working on a concept for artisan necklaces and bracelets. made by hand and with natural materials. I already make my own using hand blown pendants from artists locally or within the USA. I have a couple names in mind and certain style i want for the brand, and hopefully this will the place I can really be creative.

For a long time I have been considering creating my own business.... but it is just daunting at times. Especially when your the only one who sees the vision and believes in it. I look forward to meeting all of you and learing from what has worked for you!

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager

Welcome @Anakin! Great to have you share about your background and business. It would be great if you posted pictures of a few of your jewelry pieces so we can see your good work. Take care and we look forward to getting to know you better. 

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Super User II

@Anakin

Welcome, Ray!  Lots of good info (and as you probably already know nice folks) here to tap into as you go on your new business adventure.

I make jewelry as a hobby too -- anything glass, crystal and sparkly!  I refer to it as my therapy! 😉

Judith
    "I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me

ooooh lookie there!! it says EMPLOYEE by my name!!!!

someone told on me i guess Smiley Tongue

Thank you both for the encouragement!

@MuseI actually registered for the forum after i looked at your profile and really liked it. I even sent myself a link to it so I could use the links at the bottom; specifically the business email etiquette guide

here are a few pictures20181029_222327.jpgcropped necklace.jpgnecklces cropped.jpgpersonal necklace.jpg