cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Add On Domains Error: Domain Already Pointed to IP Address...

When attempting to create an "Add on Domain", an error of "Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server.” occurs and the add on domain is not createdThe A records for the GD-hosted domain have been updated to the IP of the VPS. The changes have propagated as evidenced by my local browser resolving the content on the main domain. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Add On Domains Error: Domain Already Pointed to IP Address...

@Severino_Admin 

It sounds like you are using a VPS. In the WHM panel you need to go to remote services section then DNS - then add the IP addresses of the DNS servers for the add-on domain

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@Severino_Admin 

It sounds like you are using a VPS. In the WHM panel you need to go to remote services section then DNS - then add the IP addresses of the DNS servers for the add-on domain

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

Thanks so much for the reply.

In WHM / Configure Remote Service IPs, I have added the shared IP for my VPS.  This makes sense as there is a note in that panel which reads: "Users are permitted to add addon or parked domains only with nameserver IPs in this list". 

I then updated the DNS for the domain I'm attempting to add also to the shared IP of the VPS.

This seemed promising but I'm still receiving the same error. Can you confirm that the above procedure is correct?

Super User II
Super User II

@Severino_Admin 

The IPs you enter for the Remote DNS is the IP address of the Name Servers for your domain you are looking to add  

For Example if your Name Servers were ns53.domaincontrol.com and ns54.domaincontrol.com (2 GoDaddy DNS Servers) you would enter 97.74.106.27  and 173.201.74.27

You can use https://mxtoolbox.com/DNSLookup.aspx to lookup the IP addresses