cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cant customize godaddy theme and upload a new post.

i can't customize my godaddy theme,i deleted it several times and also every plugins but still to no avail, and also i cant upload a new post or even upload an image,

any help will be appreciated, thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Cant customize godaddy theme and upload a new post.

@otokumor

Something doesn't sound right...   How does WordPress behave if you have the default Twenty  Seventeen theme activated?  Do you still have issues?   If the issues resolve with the default theme you then know it was the theme you were using. 

If it doesn't we look at plugins causing a conflict.  Whenever WordPress is not behaving as it should that probably indicates a conflict of some sort.

Or you could have had a faulty install or update.  You can do a manual update to replace all WordPress files -- here's how.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

i used the dafault theme,twenty seventeen and still i cant customize the theme or even publish a post. And the dafault theme installed is not the kind i need for my blog, its a news blog and that theme is not compatible for what i want to do. Thanks alot for your help.

Super User II

@otokumor

You do not have to use the default theme.  This is just a way of troubleshooting if *your* theme is the cause of the conflict.

If installing and activating Twenty Seventeen resolves the issue you know it is probably your theme.  If the default theme does not resolve the problems, it is most likely a plugin.

If you've eliminated your theme and all plugins as being the problem -- that leaves the possibility of a corrupt update or WordPress install.  You then need to replace the WordPress files per the link previously provided. 😉

Judith
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

The process is confusing @Muse.

Please how can i link my godaddy domain name with blogger so i can manage my blog from there. Have used  the two CNAME's blogger gave me and inserted into my godaddy DNS but yet its still not working.If i load the website it just loads and stop without showing any of the blog posts.The domain name is connected to a hosting too.

Super User II
Solution

@otokumor

I'm as confused as you are....  Your initial request was for troubleshooting WordPress.

If you want to point your domain to Blogger, you have to have your DNS setup properly to accomplish that.   If you have the correct CNAMES in place according to Blogger and it is not working, then there is possibly a A name record or other DNS conflict.

I would suggest at this point that you contact GoDaddy directly for assistance to help you troubleshoot this further as they can "see" everything in your account.

Judith