cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Configuring domain settings for wordpress multisite.

Hi all,

I've just changed hosts for 3 websites which was previously managed by a company. I have uploaded the server files exactly the same and the main site is up and running. All 3 sites are within the same folder in public_html.

How do I setup the addon domains to differentiate between the 3 sites as they are under the same folder? If I add the other domains to the public_html folder will it detect which site it is supposed to be displaying as it was previously configured or do i need to select a specific file?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hey @GAMG18. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If you're using WordPress Multisite, then I think the differentiation should occur within WordPress itself. You don't have to do anything special with the addon domains other than to make sure they're all pointing to the same directory. WordPress should do the rest of the work. If that doesn't work, then you may want to post additional details here or on the Managing WordPress bord. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.