Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Downloading files from GoDaddy service to local HDD

For over a week, I have not been able to download server files from www.judahenterprise.org.

I have chatted with four different agents, but the problem still exist.  I have chatted with Amanpreet Kaur, who informed me that the problem was on the server side and would take 24 hours to resolved,  and this was March 22nd.

I’ve chatted with Nazeem on March 22nd also, and was informed that the admins were refreshing the hosting and instructed me to try again in 40 minutes.

I chatted with Sahil on March 23rd and was informed that he was working with the advanced team.  Still no resolution.

Once I was transferred to specialized department, and nothing has happened.

This morning, I accessed the files in File Manager, but when I selected the files, all of the menus at the top are greyed out, given me no access to download, etc.

I even used Filezilla and I get “530 Login authentication failed.”

Regards,

Morris Davis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@11morrisdavis41 

AH - I see you are on the old Linux Hosting platform vs the newer cPanel accounts.

What I would try in the file manager is under more there "should be" an option to compress the files - this will create a zip file which you should be able to then download.

I would also try FTP via CyberDuck and see if that works.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PL281
Super User III

@11morrisdavis41 

We are end users so we cannot adjust settings on your specific account. This seems odd though

1) What type of computer / browser are you using?

2) I recommend CyberDuck over FileZilla
3) Can you post a screen capture of the file manager and any error you might receive

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Good Morning @PL281,

I am using the Mac mini M1 and Chrome browser.  My problem occurred when I purchase the Mac mini M1 two weeks ago, and during the migration process from the Time Machine I lost some of my files.  I was able to the files from four of the websites I maintain, but was not able to get the files from this website.  I have attached a screenshot of the file manager.  When I select all of the files, the menus at the top are greyed out.

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 8.37.13 AM.png

@11morrisdavis41 

AH - I see you are on the old Linux Hosting platform vs the newer cPanel accounts.

What I would try in the file manager is under more there "should be" an option to compress the files - this will create a zip file which you should be able to then download.

I would also try FTP via CyberDuck and see if that works.

View solution in original post