cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to upload a csv file with products via ftp in woocommerce?

I tried to download the CSV file with products for my WooCommerce store but nothing worked for me. https://prnt.sc/pc008p  When I wrote in support, they explained to me that the file is too heavy (750 mb https://prnt.sc/pca0iw ) and that there are limitations. Then I said - well, what can I do? And I was advised to use FTP. I installed Filesilla, and I saw that there are a lot of folders. I tried uploading the file to one of them. The file uploaded easily, but it did nothing good. I wrote in support, but not all GoDaddy employees are competent. Some do not understand what they mean. 

Help me figure out,how to upload a csv file with products via ftp in woocommerce?

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Re: How to upload a csv file with products via ftp in woocommerce?

@densinelnykov 

How many products are in your CSV file - at 750MB - that just seems a bit large - let's answer that first and then we will figure out best way / recommendation to import

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

There are 417,000 products in my file.

thanks for helping

@PL281 wrote:

@densinelnykov 

How many products are in your CSV file - at 750MB - that just seems a bit large - let's answer that first and then we will figure out best way / recommendation to import

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@densinelnykov 

ok at 417k products the 750MB makes sense....

So based on your original post - If I understand correctly, you WERE able to at least FTP the file onto the server.....

If that is the case I would just use the built in WooCommerce import which allows you to specify a server path https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/product-csv-importer-exporter/

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Wow! Cool!  https://prnt.sc/pdiq0g  The file is already loaded and I should not click "select file" since the 128mb limit is in effect and now I just need to specify the path to the already downloaded file! it is perfectly! I will try it!

Super User III
Super User III

@densinelnykov 

One thing to keep in mind is that you may run into a memory or timeout issue with a file that size - You may have to split it into smaller files - but this is at least a first step

OK, I understand. I will try. Thank you