Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Increasing PHP memory limit - Business Hosting - Expand

My Business Hosting - Expand plan says I have 8 GB of dedicated RAM. However in CPanel I can only set the  PHP memory  limit to a max of 512MB. Can I increase this further using a .user.ini file or does the cPanel setting override that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I  solved the problem. I'll post the solution here in case it helps someone else. In cPanel PHP selector options, make sure that all the options are set to the defaults. If they aren't the settings  here will override anything  you set in a .user.ini file. 

Here are the settings  I used in my /public_html/.user.ini file

memory_limit = 2048M
max_execution_time = 2400
max_input_time = 320
post_max_size = 200M
max_input_vars = 2000
file_uploads = 4
max_file_uploads = 20
upload_max_filesize = 200M 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I  solved the problem. I'll post the solution here in case it helps someone else. In cPanel PHP selector options, make sure that all the options are set to the defaults. If they aren't the settings  here will override anything  you set in a .user.ini file. 

Here are the settings  I used in my /public_html/.user.ini file

memory_limit = 2048M
max_execution_time = 2400
max_input_time = 320
post_max_size = 200M
max_input_vars = 2000
file_uploads = 4
max_file_uploads = 20
upload_max_filesize = 200M 

View solution in original post

Thanks @Frontstretch for coming back and sharing the solution! It's super helpful to others who might be experiencing the same issue. Take care and hope to see you in the community more in the future!

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.