cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating site via cPanel: strange, perplexing result

Hi all, I hope someone can help:  (Links to sites below) I am trying to migrate a site yogajournal.com.au to a parked godaddy site 8020fitness.com.au via cPanel. (Ultimately I want to host yogajournal on godaddy. I'm just testing the move.)

Anyway, I copied the database and the zipped the public_html across from yogajournal's current host to 8020fintess (on godaddy). I then changed the wp-config.php. Strangely, now when I go to www.8020fintess.com.au it sends me straight to the current hosting site. I can't get in the back end and I didn't change any name servers...

I feel I'm close, but for the life of me I don't know where to go from here...

www.yogajournal.com.au (other host)

www.8020fitness.com.au (godaddy)

thanks in advance,

Todd

2 REPLIES 2

I don't have an answer specifically for you, but FYI - I am in Seattle, WA and I cannot reach  www.yogajournal.com.au (other host) - it stalls

And when I try to access www.8020fitness.com.au (godaddy, I receive the below error.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 48234496) (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in /home/nm9083/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/includes/class-wpmudev-dashboard-ui.php on line 1067

Go Daddy network admins may need to assist, or perhaps this is a replication timing issue?

Susan @ https://susanmarksphotography.com

Hey @That_guy

You mentioned not updating the nameservers on the domain name, which tells me the domain is not pointed to the IP address of your new hosting account you have setup on your new cPanel account. In order to view the content within the account live, you'll need to point the domain name to our hosting nameservers

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support