cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

My Java Script and CSS aren't showing on my website

I was able to get my html to show but not my css or my js functions to work. I made my original code in Dreamweaver and my js and css seemed to be loading fine in there. So I'm assuming it's a path issue. I'm worried that when I went to attempt to fix it though, I may have caused more harm because now my html isn't showing and I'm just getting a 403 Forbidden message. my website is Zodiadvertising.com if that helps. This was for a school project so i'm still i the learning process!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nate
Super User I

Linux is case sensitive, so Index.html is not the same as index.html.  Make sure the homepage is using the all lowercase version.

For the primary domain public_html = yourdomain.com so a file in that folder (aka the root directory) public_html/filename.ext would be yourdomain.com/filename.ext for example.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nate
Super User I

Linux is case sensitive, so Index.html is not the same as index.html.  Make sure the homepage is using the all lowercase version.

For the primary domain public_html = yourdomain.com so a file in that folder (aka the root directory) public_html/filename.ext would be yourdomain.com/filename.ext for example.

View solution in original post

Thank you! @Nate! I figured I was making a silly mistake that was causing such a headache.