cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP mail() not sending and webformmailer.php and gdform.php not working!!!!

Ive been coding for years but have stopped coding for awhile... using godaddy my websites use to use a simple PHP mail function mail() but now its not working...

eg. mail("$email", $mailsubject, $msg, $headers)

I think I understand how to use webformmailer.php and or gdform.php on my site, not sure of the difference between the two...

I created the forms on a test page and I already put an email address in form mail.

Im not new to coding with PHP, MySQL, HTML, Javascript etc... but these forms are NOT working...

receiving an internal server error for the webformmailer.php

and when I use the gdform.php nothing happens at all.

Im not sure which one to use... but I know that all three methods are NOT working and Im reading many other recent posts stating they are also having email problems.

can I get a refund for this month hosting fee if the email is NOT working? some of our websites and businesses depends on email conformations.

Id prefer to use php mail() so I can totally configure my own response... why doesnt mail() work anymore????  its a very simple code and should automatically work.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: PHP mail() not sending and webformmailer.php and gdform.php not working!!!!

Hi @DigitalPhunc

Without additional details, like the hosted domain name, it's tough to pin point the issue through our forums. I suggest reaching out to our support team so they can look further into this. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

LOOKS LIKE ILL BE LOOKING FOR A NEW HOSTING COMPANY... IM NOT THE ONLY ONE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE.

New

webformmailer.php 403 forbidden

I am implementing a website for my customer, and added a form for a user to send emails to us.

I started with gdform.php, but noticed it is very slow to get an email. It takes 5~30 min to get one email. Also its success rate seems less than 80%. 

So, I changed to use webformmailer.php, but there seems to be a permission issue somehow.

I got the below error

------------------------------------

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /webformmailer.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

------------------------------------

Anyone know what the problem is?

Helper V

Re: webformmailer.php 403 forbidden

@ohyes

Hi there,

After you changed the permissions what did it say?

One thing at a time Smiley Happy

Mrsroadrunner Photography

Re: webformmailer.php 403 forbidden

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm having the same problem.  And to the person that replied to you - thanks for nothing.

Exactly.  Here is is mid January 2018 and many other including myself still having this issue.

I have many, many sites with godaddy and in fact I'm a reseller for them but they are continually going down the tubes and their current solutions seem to be to blame the customer.  Why did these scripts work for years and now no longer?  

does each input have a name=""? if not it will not send.