cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Aknot
Helper I

Still waiting for my Cpanel migration.

Kind of self explanatory. Still dont have "one click installs" still dont have Cpanel. The good news is im about 30 days away from addressing all my Trustee/Executor duties which then will allow me to leave and charge back my American Express card under services not received. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Aknot,

When you are migrated to a new cPanel plan, the plan is not free. While you will have the remainder of the time of your original plan given to you, you will need to renew it when it expires, just as you do now. If you were to receive a credit for your remaining time n the legacy plan in order to migrate now, the action is the same. There is no "additional purchase" We're sorry if that part was not clear to you. 

You still have one-click installation using the Installatron program. However, staying on an older plan, just like staying on an older phone or computer, will limit which versions of the applications will still be compatible with that server's operating system. The option to upgrade is, and has been, available at any time. 

If your uptime over the course of your plan does not meet the standard stated, there is indeed a money-back guarantee. Our hosting team can go over that with you. That is different from the hosting agreement and refund policies regarding the purchase time and refund eligibility. You may contact our Hosting team directly at 480-463-8824 if you have any further questions. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Aknot
Helper I

So just to make sure I hadnt missed an email I went and checked.. nope didnt miss an email. The last email I got about Cpanel Migration was.... drum roll.... Over a year ago....

Aknot_0-1617828629251.png

Hi @Aknot,

A review of your user name shows that you have other posts with the same issue dating back into late last year. One of the replies to that post was from a Product Team member that provided excellent information on the gradual migration of websites for our customers still using the Legacy Linux Hosting plans. As they noted, there are hundreds of thousands of long-term GoDaddy customers on these plans (myself included) that will be moved - carefully, one-by-one - to the newer cPanel plans now in use. This upgrade is eventually required for all users, as it allows for newer software applications and higher PHP versions. These are being processed over the course of many months and are not promised for any specific time. You were simply given a "heads-up" over the eventuality.

We also see you have some confusion over what you've been paying for in your account. At no time were you given a cPanel option on your Legacy Linux Hosting, as such a feature does not exist for those plans. (Nor would the plan be given, without a migration, then taken away.) Your screenshot on that post clearly shows you are operating on the older Linux hosting plan without a cPanel. The price you have paid for that plan has provided you the use of exactly the server your fees were for. You have not been paying for anything you did not get to use.

If you don't wish to wait for your turn in the migration process, you're welcome to simply purchase a new, equivalent cPanel plan and easily backup and migrate your website content. (If you need instruction for that, it can be provided here.) You'll find the price and renewal of the cPanel plans, partly due to lower maintenance costs, a savings over your current legacy plan. You can ask the Customer Care Guide you work with, if any pro-rated In-Store Credit is available with the upgrade, to apply it to a new plan. (Unless your renewal on the existing plan is less than 30 days ago, it will not be refundable.)

If you have any further questions on the cPanel plans, you can view the plan details here.

TLH Thanks for the reply... no my reply.

"We also see you have some confusion over what you've been paying for in your account." No I HAD confusion but it was addressed.

"You have not been paying for anything you did not get to use." Thats not true. Where is my one click installs? Coppermine, Joomla etc. Things that I had in the past but no longer have. Things that were touted as being included but have now gone missing.

Since you have read my previous posts you know the main reason I use a service such as this as one click installs are provided. Now do I understand that due to versions etc. they may be taken away? Of course. However I was never made aware of this. So when I came in to use them they were gone.

So yeah one click installs was advertised, I bought, I had and now I dont have. Had Godaddy sent me an email saying we are going to have to remove all of the stuff you had paid for based on "X" reason and I have to either live with or go some place I would have went some place else.

Instead I get the email above, touting no interruptions, I wont have to do anything and I wont even really notice it.... Well I beg to differ. I CANNOT use anything I originally bought and paid for. I was not made aware that I would have stuff taken away nor was I given a choice. I took it upon good faith and that email that nothing was going to happen to my services and things would change for the better when CPanel got integrated.

Then the kick in the nethers is "you're welcome to simply purchase a new, equivalent cPanel plan and easily backup and migrate your website content." You want me to now purchase something. This just adds insult to injury. 

Aknot
Helper I

Oh just to make sure you dont think Im making any of this up... this is from Godaddys website over 5 years ago...

Aknot_0-1617976536220.png

One Click installs of over 200 Free Applications.

Hi @Aknot,

When you are migrated to a new cPanel plan, the plan is not free. While you will have the remainder of the time of your original plan given to you, you will need to renew it when it expires, just as you do now. If you were to receive a credit for your remaining time n the legacy plan in order to migrate now, the action is the same. There is no "additional purchase" We're sorry if that part was not clear to you. 

You still have one-click installation using the Installatron program. However, staying on an older plan, just like staying on an older phone or computer, will limit which versions of the applications will still be compatible with that server's operating system. The option to upgrade is, and has been, available at any time. 

If your uptime over the course of your plan does not meet the standard stated, there is indeed a money-back guarantee. Our hosting team can go over that with you. That is different from the hosting agreement and refund policies regarding the purchase time and refund eligibility. You may contact our Hosting team directly at 480-463-8824 if you have any further questions. 

View solution in original post