cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

database suddenly disappeared from phpmyadmin

I have been using a database for two years on my website. Yesterday the website showed error connecting to database, the database is not showing up in phpmyadmin but it's visible in mySQLdatabase but size is 0.

After 10 hours the same thing happened to my other website which is on the same server.

What's wrong with the system? 

5 REPLIES 5
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: database suddenly disappeared from phpmyadmin

Sounds like a security scan is in order @MD89 but meanwhile you need to go to your backup? Depending on your hosting you can either restore a backup you have or contact support. Take note that if you require GoDaddy support to restore a backup a payment might be required. Depending on your hosting you might be able to do a restore yourself. I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

New

Re: database suddenly disappeared from phpmyadmin/?isc=gdcommment

Thanks!

Contacted Godaddy support and paid the restoration fee. 24 hours passes and no response yet from Godaddy support.
Super User I

Re: database suddenly disappeared from phpmyadmin/?isc=gdcommment

Occasionally the queue can get busy but the good news is they have a backup for you @MD89. Make sure to take your own database backup once it is restored then periodically after that. How often depends on your use. Sometime once a month is enough but depending on your website use fault may be needed? Come back and let us know your results and future backup plans. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

New

Re: database suddenly disappeared from phpmyadmin/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

Yeah thanks to godaddy team for helping with the restoration. However, couldn’t find out how two databases got removed from my server.

Will definitely purchase a daily backup plan after this incident.
Super User I

Re: database suddenly disappeared from phpmyadmin/?isc=gdcommment/?isc=gdcommment

There are some aggressive bugs out there @MD89 and that is one of the reasons I mentioned a scan as essential. Great that your hosting had a safety net. Glad you are back up!