Getting Started

HTTP status: 302 - Found & Daily Cache Flushing

Can someone please help me!?

After numerous chats and conversations with support I a still no closer to fixing this problem.

Quick history/background: bought domain name years ago via Google/Blogger. Years later moved website to GoDaddy as previous host crashed and wasn't doing back-ups.

So I have two GoDaddy accounts; 1 with domain accessed via Gsuite (reseller account? and other with GoDaddy (managed Wordpress). Why this wasn't sorted when I moved I don't know.

Had a few issues now & then but on the whole the site has worked fine with no tweaks required.

So on 10th or 12th December my site was down. I chatted to an agent who had to fix the DNS/IP settings because there was an error showing in settings via managed wordpress screen.

Site went back up but has since been going down on almost a nightly basis and Uptrends (and another monitoring site) says that it is a 302 error.

Everytime I have to flush the cache in Wordpress to get it back online. This is not ideal especially if happening multiple times and most often, in the night when I am asleep.

This is happening daily now. Support always say they can't replicate it and I need to contact them before flushing cache (not great when you are waking up at 5am worrying if your site you paid for hosting is up or down). Supposed to be enjoying the festive holidays but here I am on a forum, chatting with support and awake in the early hours wondering if my site is online or not.

Last agent thought it was a redirection plugin maybe - definitely not as a) never been a problem and b) de-activated it last night and guess what, site went down about 2:30am.

Does anyone know what the issue is? Tried downloading an error monitoring plugin but that didn't work (couldn't load log screen) and I'm really not into editing .php  or config files as I don't want to mess the site up more.

I just want someone in technical support to really look at this for me instead of fobbing me off with plugin issues that have never been a problem since the changes in December.

Super User IV

@BurgerLad 

What is your domain name???

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

It is Burgerlad.com

@BurgerLad 

One thing I see is the site isn't showing as secure - and while this really should have nothing to do with it - I would install really simple ssl plugin - also when you get the 302 alerts and you go to the site is it actually down - The reason I ask is I've had sites before where the site was 100% fine but the monitoring system was producing false positives

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@BurgerLad 

Also did you get the domain transferred into your account?? - I found this information about getting into GoDaddy via Blogger - I would also recommend doing this in an incognito window

Blogger is not a registrar. When your client signed up, he or she should have received an e-mail from Google Apps detailing whether the domain was registered through eNom or GoDaddy (the registrar partners used for domain registrations).

If your client does not have his or her domain purchase confirmation e-mail, the DNS settings may be completed by observing the following process:

1. Log in to Google Apps using Blogger domain name, username, and password
  2. Go to Domain Settings > Domain Names > Advanced DNS Settings to find the eNom/GoDaddy account information for the domain
  3. Log in at eNom or GoDaddy to complete any desired changes

View solution in original post

Thanks for the responses. I am going to have to look properly when I can. I think the secure bit is due to a script not being secure. As the site goes down in the night, I haven't checked but last time it was in the morning (say 9am) and I was in front of a desktop, I opened an incognito window and it was down. Did the flush of cache then it was back.