About .co domains
GoDaddy Registry is the sponsor and is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .co extension that represents Colombia.
Who can register .co domains?
Anyone can register .co, .com.co, .net.co, and .nom.co domains on a first-come, first-served basis.
- .co - Intended for Colombian businesses or individuals.
- .com.co - Intended for commercial entities.
- .net.co - Intended for network infrastructures, such as Internet Service Providers.
- .nom.co — Intended for private individuals.
When registering a .co domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 Characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name), consecutive hyphens (except IDNs)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported (Chinese, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish)
- Registration length: 1-5 years
- Renewal length: 1-5 years
- You must renew your .co domain name by its expiration date.
- If you set your domain name to auto-renew, we make the first renewal attempt on the morning of the day your .co domain name expires. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal five days after the expiration date. If the second renewal attempt fails, we make a final auto-renewal attempt 12 days after the expiration date.
- For example: Your .co domain name expires on July 19. If you did not set the domain name to auto-renew, you can renew it manually by July 19. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on July 19, July 24, and July 31.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you did not manually renew it by its expiration date, you can attempt to recover it, and there might be a fee to do so. See Renew my expired domain for more information.
- .CO Internet SAS parks your domain name five days after expiration if you do not renew or recover it.
- If you are unable to recover the domain name, we can attempt to redeem it for you, but there is a fee for the redemption. Contact our technical support team for assistance.
- For information about updating your payment information, see Set an alternate payment method.
- For information about manually renewing your domain name or setting it to auto-renew, see Manually renew my products or services.
- Backorders: Supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- At the time of a domain transfer in, only a 1 year renewal can be added, but additional years can be added once the domain is in your account.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 2-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6, DNSSEC
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Want to register a .co domain? Search for your domain today.
- Want to register a .com.co domain? Search for your domain today.
- Want to register a .net.co domain? Search for your domain today.
- Want to register a .nom.co domain? Search for your domain today.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .co domain.