About .co.jp Domains
JPRS is the sponsor and is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .co.jp extension that represents Companies in Japan.
Who can register .co.jp domains?
When registering a .co.jp domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters: a-z, Numbers: 0-9, Hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- The registry does not allow manual/explicit renewals. GoDaddy has enabled a feature to submit a renewal request between 30 and 2 days prior to the expiration date. The new expiration date will not reflect in the registry's Whois until the current expiration date has passed.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant, on a .co.jp domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 1-20 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6
- Cannot use: DNSSEC