About .dk Domains
Punktum.dk is the sponsor, and Hexonet aka 1 Api GmbH is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .dk extension that represents Denmark.
Who can register dk domains?
Anyone can register .dk domain names. If the registrant or admin contact is an organization/company located in Europe, they have to submit a VAT-ID. If the registrant or admin contact is a natural person, no matter where they live, or is an organization/company outside of Europe, they do not need to submit a VAT-ID.
The process to activate your .dk domain is easy. The listed registrant should have received an email from Punktum.dk shortly after you purchased your domain. There's an attachment to this email that contains your user ID and password to your registry account, as well as steps to activate your domain. If you are unable to locate this email, please contact Punktum.dk to request your login information. Please follow the steps and activate your domain as soon as possible. Failure to do so within 4 days of purchasing the domain will result in your domain name being deleted without refund.
Note: You should not update the Billing contact information as this will transfer the domain name to the Registry and you won't be able to manage it through your GoDaddy account. 1API GmbH (aka Hexonet) is the partner we use in order to offer .dk domains.
When registering a dk domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1, 2, 3 or 5 years
- Renewal length: 1, 2, 3 or 5 year
- Renewals are allowed anytime between 61 days prior to expiration and 3 days prior to expiration. Renewals for .dk domains can take up to 72 hours before they appear back in the account after expiring.
- There is no manual renewal or auto-renewal grace period.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Not Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- The transfer away process is unique for .dk. The domain does need to be unlocked, but an authorization code is not required. To begin the process start the transfer with the gaining registrar.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Not supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- You can only update the Technical and Billing contact information for .dk domain names through GoDaddy. However, you can update the Registrant and Administrative contacts through the registry itself.
- Must use: 2-7 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
To update your nameservers, you must contact the .dk registry and give them the URL, your phone number and email address. You'll then receive an email from the registry prompting you to go to the site to acknowledge your nameserver change. You can also make the request through the registry.
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms, and then Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
You may cancel your .dk domain,through the registry.