About .nu Domains
Note: New .nu domain registrations are currently unavailable at this time.
NuNames is the sponsor and Key Systems is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .nu extension that represents Niue.
Who can register .nu domains?
Anyone can register .nu domain names.
When registering a .nu domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3 - 63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 2 years
- Renewal length: 2 years
- Your .nu domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain name is auto-renewed or renewed manually. Auto-renewal is attempted on the first day of the month prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 10th of the month and again on the 20th of the month.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 20th of the month prior to the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domain for instructions on the redemption.
- For example: Your .nu domain name expires on October 10. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by September 20. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on September 1, September 10, and September 20.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Not supported
- Must Use: 2 - 63
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not Supported
- Please contact our GoDaddy Guides to request the authorization code.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- When the domain name is moved, the registrant's first name, last name, and company name cannot be changed.
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To change the registrant, please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides for assistance. All other contact information can be changed through the Domain Manager.
- Must use: 2-10 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.