Access and release quarantined emails using Advanced Email Security
With the Advanced Email Security add-on, users and admins can search for and release quarantined emails.
Required: This article is for Advanced Email Security from Proofpoint. You can verify that you have Proofpoint by checking if there's a white header with "GoDaddy" displayed at the top of your dashboard. See how to manage quarantined messages with Advanced Email Security powered by INKY.
- Sign in to Advanced Email Security.
- Select Log Search.
- Select Specific User, and then select the email address that has quarantined messages.
- Select if the email was outbound or inbound from Type and then choose the Date range for when the email was sent or received.
- For Status, select Quarantined.
- Select Search. This returns a list of quarantined messages for that user within the filters you specified.
- Select the checkbox to the left of the message that you want to release from quarantine.
- From Actions, choose how you want to handle the message:
Note: Reporting a message as false positive or false negative will only apply to that particular message.
- Release from Quarantine: Release the message to be delivered.
- Release and Approve: Release the message and identify the sender as safe.
- Report as false positive: Identify email activity that shouldn't be filtered as spam.
- Report as false negative: Identify a message as spam that was incorrectly seen as a regular email.
- Select Apply.
It can take up to 24 hours for an email released from quarantine to appear in the user's inbox. If an error occurs, wait 5 minutes and try again.
- To change who can release quarantined emails, edit your spam settings.
- Here are ways you can customize Advanced Email Security.