Add a coupon
You can create coupons in WooCommerce in various amounts or percentages and with specific restrictions for store promotions.
Note: If this is your first time creating a new coupon, make sure that you enable coupons in WooCommerce > General settings before getting started.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Navigate to Marketing > Coupons on the left menu.
- Click the Add coupon button.
- Enter a new coupon code manually or click the Generate coupon code to allow WooCommerce to generate a code for you.
- Enter an optional Description for internal use.
- Select a Discount type and Coupon amount, at minimum, under the General tab of the Coupon Data metabox.
- Click the Publish button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Learn more about discount types, coupon amounts, and expiration dates in the General tab of the Coupon Data metabox.
- Restrict a coupon by sale amount, product, category, or exclude a coupon from sale items in the Usage Restrictions tab of the Coupon Data metabox.
- Set usage limits by coupon, user, or product in the Usage limits tab of the Coupon Data metabox
- About coupons and taxes.
- Learn how to apply coupons to orders in the WooCommerce documentation.
- When you publish a new coupon, you can send the coupon code to your customers.
- For more information about adding, editing, and deleting coupons, check out the WooCommerce documentation.