Add a distribution list to the Advanced Email Security service
If you receive an SMTP Discovery Warning Report, you'll need to add the affected distribution lists to your Advanced Email Security account.
- Go to the Proofpoint portal.
- Select the Office 365 Account button and sign in to your account.
- Select the Users and Groups tab, and then the SMTP Discovery tab.
- Check the box next to the distribution list address you want to add, and then click Create functional account, from the drop-down list. It can take up to 90 minutes for these changes to take effect.
Note: If you didn't receive an email with the "SMTP Discovery Warning Report," or you're proactively adding a distribution list so you won't be sent a warning report, the SMTP Discovery tab may not display. Use these steps to add a distribution list instead:
1. Select Users and Groups and then select the Users tab.
2. Select Add a Functional Account.
3. Enter the Name, Email address and select Distribution Group from the drop down menu. Select Save.
4. Select Apply.