Add an image to a post or page in WordPress
When adding an image to your WordPress posts and pages, you can select from a previously uploaded image, or upload the image at same time you add it to your page.
Need a little extra guidance? Get expert product image advice from a GoDaddy Guide.
- Log in to WordPress.
- Click Posts or Pages in the left-hand menu.
- Click Edit under the Page or Post where you want to add an image.
- Within the text editor window, click where you want to add the image.
- Click the Add Media button.
Note: If you have already added the image to your media library, then you can click the Media Library tab and skip to the last step.
- Click the Select Files button.
- Locate and select the image on your local computer.
- Click Open to add the image to your Media Library.
- Confirm the correct image is selected, and click Insert.
After publishing your page or post the new image will be visible on your site.