Add my Microsoft 365 email to Outlook (Windows)
Step 3 of the Set up my Microsoft 365 account series.
Add your Microsoft 365 email to Outlook 2016 (or newer) for Windows PC. Then you can send and receive business emails.
- Open Outlook. (Don't have the app? Here's how to download it.)
- Select File and + Add Account.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 Email address and select Connect.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 Password and select Sign In. If asked, choose if you want to use this account everywhere on your device.
- If multi-factor authentication (MFA) is enabled, follow the prompts to set up one of the available options, or verify your account using your existing MFA method. If security defaults are enabled, set up MFA on the Microsoft Authenticator App.
- Once Outlook shows that the email was added, select Done.
Note: You might need to choose your account type as Work or School to continue.