Add or change my multi-factor authentication method
Note: These instructions are for Microsoft 365 accounts. If you're trying to sign in to your GoDaddy account, see this article instead.
Manage how you authenticate your Microsoft 365 email account when signing in. We recommend having at least two sign-in methods in case you lose access to your primary method.
- Go to your Security info page.
- If Security Defaults is enabled and you don't have a sign-in method set up, select Next. Follow these steps to set up the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- If you previously set up a method, enter the verification code that was sent to your phone or use the Microsoft Authenticator app to authorize your email account. Select Verify.
- If you don't have access to your method and can't sign in, an admin will need to reset your sign-in method.
Add a new sign-in method
- Select Add method.
- From the dropdown list, select the method you'd like to add:
- Authenticator app (recommended): Get a notification from the Microsoft Authenticator app. Install the app on up to 5 devices.
- Phone: Get a call or a text message code.
- Email: Get an email verification code sent to your email address.
Note: You can't set email notification as the default sign-in method.
- Complete the steps for your chosen method, and then select Add.
Change your sign-in method
- Next to your Default sign-in method, select Change.
- From the dropdown list, choose your sign-in method. Select Confirm.
Note: If this is your first time setting up a default sign-in method, you'll see Set default sign-in method instead. To set a default, choose your desired sign-in method from the list, and then select Confirm.
Delete a sign-in method
- Next to the method you'd like to remove, select Delete.
- Select Ok to confirm. You can now set up a new sign-in method. If you no longer wish to use it, your email admin can disable MFA.