Add product categories
Help your customers quickly find what they need in your store by creating product categories and sub-categories. You'll need to be on the Website Builder Ecommerce plan (compare plans and pricing ) or have a Premium Online Store.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll down to Website Builder and select Manage next to your website or store.
- Open Categories from your Dashboard
- In Website Builder, go to Store and select Categories.
- In Online Store Premium, go to Products and select Categories.
- On the Categories page, select Add or Add Category.
- Enter a Category name and Description (or SEO Description). You also have the option to edit the Category link. Your category link provides a direct URL to products in this category, and should closely match your Category name.
- When you're done, select Save to close the window. The category is added to the Categories page.
- Rearrange the categories by clicking and dragging to change the order.
- Click and drag a category below or on top of another to make it a sub-category. Main categories can have two levels of subcategories. So "Clothes > Shirts > Women" would work but "Clothes > Shirts > Womens > Blouses" wouldn’t.
- Once you've created a category, remember to create a product or edit existing products.
- To make your changes live, publish your site.
Note: While not required, adding keywords in the name and description fields helps customers find you.
Tips and Best Practices
- Use the pencil icon to change and edit existing categories, and the trash icon to delete categories you no longer want.
- To see how your site looks to customers, select Website in the dashboard for Website Builder or View Store in Online Store Premium.
- InstantPage users cannot create more than three categories.