Add Protected Registration to my domains
You can add Protected Registration to your domain(s) as an extra safeguard. But before you proceed, we strongly recommend that you enable two-step verification on your account. Once you enable two-step verification, follow the directions below.
Before you purchase Protected Registration, ensure that the registrant contact for your domain name has a valid email address in the Whois database. You must have access to the registrant email address to make future changes to your domain name or Protected Registration service. For more information, see Change domain contact information.
To add Protected Registration to your domain(s):
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
Now you'll need to click the image below that most closely resembles your account and follow the directions that appear underneath:(Not what you see?)
- Select the domain name you want to use, click (Settings) and select Domain Settings.
- Under Additional Settings, click the Protect My Domain button:
- Click Checkout, and then continue through the checkout process.
- Select the domain name you want to use.
- Click on the Upgrade icon in the menu above your list of domains:
- Under Upgrades, click the Registration tab:
- Next to Privacy and Business Protection, click Add.
- Click Checkout, and continue through the checkout process.
These services are not available for all domain names. If we offer these services for your domain name's extension, the service displays and you can use these instructions to select it.