Cancel two-step verification
Follow these steps to cancel two-step verification (2SV). The steps are different depending on whether or not you have access to the device (smartphone, tablet, computer, or hardware security key) you originally set up for 2SV.
I've got that device (or my backup)
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
Required: If you enabled 2SV for all logins, this is when to enter the code we send you, the code from your authentication app, or insert your security key.
- Click this icon in the upper-right corner:
- Click Account Settings.
- Click Login & PIN.
Required: If you enabled 2SV for high-risk transactions only, this is when to enter the code we send you, the code from your authentication app, or insert your security key.
- In the Two-Step Verification area, click Edit.
- Next to the main authentication method (below How do you want to receive verification codes?), click Delete. We'll turn off 2SV immediately.
- If you set a backup method for 2SV, be sure to repeat Steps 5 and 6 for the backup method.
I don't have access to that device (or a backup)
To cancel 2SV when you no longer have access to your 2SV device (lost your phone, etc.), you need to send us an email and a copy of your photo ID as explained here.
- Create an email with the subject line "Disabling Two-Step Authentication".
Note: This email needs to come from the email address that's on your account. If you need to update the email address on file, update your email at www.changeupdate.com.
- In the body of the email, include your full name, your GoDaddy account number, and the reason you want to cancel 2SV.
- Copy and paste all of the following text into the email:
“I agree” to the following: I am requesting that GoDaddy CANCEL my Two-Step Verification. I certify and affirm that I am the account holder listed above, or if not the account holder, I am an authorized representative of the account holder. I understand that once the Two-Step Verification is canceled, the account will no longer be protected by this additional security and any contents/domains on file will be subject to this change. I agree that neither Registrar nor any of its affiliates shall be liable to me or any other party in any amount for any actions taken pursuant to this request. I hereby waive and release any and all claims related to this request asserted against Registrar or any of its affiliates. Additionally, I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Registrar and its affiliates for any loss, liability, damages or expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, resulting from any third party claim, action or demand related to this request, this authorization, or any actions taken by Registrar in connection therewith.
- Attach to the email a color copy of your government-issued photo identification card. The copy must be in color and show a complete name and signature, date of birth, date of issue and expiration date, and the person pictured must be clearly identifiable.
- Send the email and attached ID document to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll respond within 72 hours.