Change an AAAA record
Edit your AAAA records in your DNS zone file at any time. AAAA records point to 128–bit/IPv6 addresses, which are represented as eight groups of four hexidecimal digits.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Manage DNS.
- On the DNS Management page, select the pencil icon next to the AAAA record you need to edit.
- Edit the details for your AAAA record:
- Host: The host name the AAAA record links to. Type @ to point directly to your domain name.
- Points to: The 128–bit/IPv6 address you are setting as the destination for the host. For example, 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:6a2e:0371:7234 is a valid 128–bit/IPv6 address.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information. The default setting is 1 hour.
- Select Save to save your changes.
Please allow up to 48 hours for your DNS changes to take full effect globally.