Change the footer in WordPress
You can manually make changes to the PHP code in the footer of your WordPress site. This enables you to change more than just the text that appears at the bottom of your pages.
Before making any changes to a WordPress theme, create a child theme to avoid losing your changes when updating the theme.
- Connect to your site with FTP.
- Navigate to the /wp-content/themes directory.
- Open the directory containing the theme you wish to work with.
- Locate the footer.php file.
- Copy the file to the appropriate child theme directory.
- Edit and update the footer.php file in the child theme directory.
Changes made to the footer.php file located in the child theme directory will take precedence immediately over the original footer.php.
If you need any assistance changing your menu's appearance, our WordPress Premium Support team can do that for you.