Choose site color
Quickly change the accent color used on your website. Select one of the suggested colors or pick your own color.
This video is part of the How-To series for Build Your Own Website.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- Select Edit Website to open your site editor.
- Select Theme.
- Expand the Color option.
- Select one of the suggested colors, or select the color wheel to open up a color palette. In the color palette, pick the color you want or enter the hexadecimal code of your color.
- Use the Paint your site slider to adjust how light, colorful, or dark your site is as a whole. Don't worry, you can still change each section's color individually.
- Select Website to go back to editing your site.
- Your changes are saved automatically. Use Preview to see the results and when you're ready to make the changes public, publish your site.
- If you'd like more tips and best practices, check out how to set up your visual brand.
- When deciding on a color, a popular tool is the Adobe Color site. It can help you pick a color, extract a color from an image you like (or your logo), and even check for accessibility for color blindness.
- While you're setting your site color, also think about choosing your site fonts.
- The color you select will be used throughout your website.
- If you don't like your color but you forget what you had before, you can restore your website to a previous version.
- If you'd like to change the overall layout of your website you can change your theme.