Configure Stripe Settings
After Stripe has been connected successfully, you'll have access to some extra, store-side settings to allow you to customize your customers' experience. To find them, you can:
- Sign in to WordPress
- In the left-hand menu under WooCommerce, click Settings.
- From the available tabs on the Settings page, click Payments.
- Under Payment methods, locate Stripe and click Manage.
Currently, you can enable more payment methods supported by Stripe by clicking here and logging into your Stripe account.
On that page, you'll find the following settings:
Below you'll find more information about the integration's general settings:
Enabling this will add Stripe payment methods to your checkout that you have enabled and configured in your Stripe Connect dashboard. Disabling this will remove Stripe from your checkout. This setting does not connect or disconnect Stripe. To connect Stripe, follow the instructions in the previous step.
Connect / Disconnect Stripe Account
Allows you to connect and disconnect your Stripe account.
The following settings allow you to further customize the customers' checkout experience.
Select which card logos to display at checkout. Only display the cards that are accepted by your Stripe account. This setting is only to display the card logos and has no impact on which cards are accepted by your merchant account.
Let customers save their payment methods for future use at checkout.
Detailed Decline Messages
Where possible, enabling this setting will display detailed messages to customers if their payment is declined, instead of generic error messages.
You can select how transactions should be processed in your shop. More specifically, there are two options available:
- Charge: all transactions will be captured and submitted for settlement right away, without any further actions needed from you
- Authorization: orders will be authorized but you'll need to capture the amount whenever you're ready. You can do that by navigating to the WooCommerce > Settings > Orders page and clicking on a specific order. A Capture Charge button will be available there to allow you to proceed with capturing the amount for that order.
Enable debug logging if there are issues processing transactions. This can help provide more details for troubleshooting. Do not enable this setting unless there are issues with Stripe.
After you're done making any changes to the settings above, don't forget to click on the Save button at the end of the page.