Create a vendor product for a multi-vendor marketplace
This guide will walk you through how to create a vendor product for your multi-vendor marketplace WooCommerce site. A vendor product is one that is associated with your vendors and will pay a commission on a sale. This guide assumes you are the owner of the marketplace site, and not a specific vendor.
Required: Product Vendors is a premium WooCommerce extension included with WordPress Ecommerce Hosting or as a standalone purchase.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Click on Products > Add New.
- Select the vendor that this product should be associated to from the "Vendors" dropdown in the sidebar
- Enter a value under General > "Commission" if sales of this product should override the Vendor Level commission and the Default General commission settings
- Enable "Pass Shipping" if the shipping costs for this product should be passed on to the vendor
- Select an option do specify how tax charges should be applied under "Tax Handling"
- How to add products in WooCommerce
- Allow vendors to add their own products
- Set the commission rate for a vendor
- Specify the general commission rate for all vendors