Creating an about us message
The About Us page lets you tell visitors about your business. Use this page in your Quick Shopping Cart storefront to present an overview of your company. This establishes trust and builds confidence in the professionalism of your business. People can be hesitant to buy, much less provide their credit card, to an organization that they don't trust.
The About Us message displays in your Quick Shopping Cart storefront as a separate, non-product page. To view the page, visitors click About Us at the bottom of the store page.
To Create an About Us Message
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Quick Shopping Cart.
- In the Quick Shopping Cart list, Manage next to the Quick Shopping Cart account you want to use.
- From the Set Up menu, in the Business Information section, click About Us Message.
- On the Enter an About Us Message page, you can type your own message in Message. You can also include any or all of the variables from the Variables list.
To include a variable from the Variables list, select the desired variable, and then click ADD.
- Click Verify.
- If there are errors, view the error details displayed below the menu, make the corrections, and click Verify. Continue making corrections as necessary.
- If there are no errors, click OK to close the Congratulations! This Text is Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional! message.
- After you correct all errors and your HTML is valid, click Save.
An About Us message is required. Click Default Text to display the default message, if desired. If you remove all About Us text, a blank page displays.
You can embed images and media in the About Us message. If you are working in the HTML Editor, see Embedding images and media using the HTML editor for information.