Delete custom hostnames
Existing hostnames you're no longer using can be deleted from the DNS zone file of domains registered with GoDaddy. Hostnames are always assigned to an IP address and the maximum number of hostnames a domain can have is determined by the registry of the domain extension.
Note: You can't delete any hostnames currently in use as nameservers on another domain. Be cautious and verify your settings before deleting hostnames.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Domain Edit Options next to your domain and then select Edit DNS. You may need to scroll down to see Edit DNS.
- Select Hostnames above your DNS records zone file.
- Select Delete next to the hostname you need to delete.
- You can't delete hostnames that are currently in use as a nameserver on another domain. You'll need to change the nameservers first, then delete the hostname.
- Confirm deletion by selecting Delete again.
- Add a new hostname to your domain at any time.
- Change the nameservers on domains registered with GoDaddy to use your updated hostnames.
- Some domains may have different requirements for hostnames.
- Turn on auto-renew to continue your domain registration uninterrupted.
- Set up 2-step verification for the best security on your domains and account.