Enable two-step verification
For better account security, set up two-step verification (2SV). If you haven't gotten the scoop on how 2SV works, read What is two-step verification? before you continue.
- Go to your GoDaddy Login & PIN page. You might be prompted to sign in.
- Under 2-Step Verification, select Add Verification.
- Choose the 2SV method you'd like to use and then select Next:
- Authenticator app (recommended): An authentication app, like Google Authenticator or Authy, will create the code. Choose this method for most GoDaddy accounts.
- SMS text messages: The code will be sent to you as a text. This method is great for convenience but we suggest using it as a backup since it's not as secure.
- Security key: A device plugged into your computer's USB port will be used for authentication. Use this method if you're a domain investor or want the highest level of security.
- Complete the setup process according to the method you selected:
- If you chose an Authenticator App, follow the instructions to install an app, scan the bar code, and enter the authentication code. When you're done, select Continue.
- If you selected SMS text messages, enter your mobile phone number and Continue. Enter the code we text you (it's good for the next 20 minutes), and then select Save.
- If you want to use a hardware Security key (such as a Yubikey or Google Titan) for 2SV, follow the steps in Add a hardware security key for two-step verification instead.
- Select Add Backup and repeat steps 3 and 4 to choose a backup method for 2SV.
Note: To minimize downtime, set your backup 2SV on a different device. For example, if your main 2SV is an authenticator app on your laptop, set SMS on your phone as the backup method.