Get started with Linux hosting
If you're new to Linux hosting with cPanel, follow these basic steps to get started.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and go to your My Products page.
- If you haven't set up your Linux hosting account yet, click Web Hosting, and next to your account click Set Up. Follow the instructions to set up your cPanel account.
- Use a FTP client to upload your files. Your hosting account uses public_html as the root directory for your primary domain. For more info, see Move my cPanel website with FTP and FileZilla.
- If you don't have a website yet, install a content management system (CMS). A CMS is an application you can use to build a website and manage all its content. Some examples of CMS applications are WordPress, Drupal, and joomla. For more on uploading applications, see Install applications in cPanel hosting.
- After you have your site up and running, use cPanel backups, so you never have to worry about losing your site content. For more information, see Back up my website in cPanel hosting.